When Hooligan Bear discovers that Little Louie has never had a birthday, he quickly comes up with a plan. He gathers the other bears together, and they set off for an exciting adventure at the bakery.MY TAKE:
I wasn't expecting a lot from this book, but I'm glad I requested it.
In Hooligan Bear A Special Day, Hooligan Bear and his crew try to give Little Louie a special surprise after learning that he has never had a birthday.
I thought the story was very cute. I think I would have appreciated it more had I been able to read the other books, but for those who, like me, haven't read the other books, there's a short introduction at the start that tells Hooligan Bear's story. Hooligan Bear and his group's adventure remind me of a spy action movie. It's definitely the kind of thing that young kids, especially boys, will definitely enjoy. The ending is also quite nice and gives you a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling.
My favorite character is Little Louie, even though he only appeared for a short period of time. He is such a cute little bear!
Thanks to NetGalley and Smith Publicity for the e-copy.
- The bears are very cute.
- Their adventure has just enough excitement to entice young boys and girls to read it.
- The format of drawings mixed with text remind me of Beatrix Potter's books.
- Younger kids might not be able to appreciate it.
"I think the answer is at the bakery," announced Hooligan, "and I have a plan."READ IT IF:
- Your child likes bears.
- Your child likes stories with actual plot.
- You're looking for a children's story with a sweet ending.