Give a kid a classic! Cozy Classics is a new board book series presenting well-loved stories through 12 child-friendly words and 12 needle-felted illustrations. Pride and Prejudice is a timeless romance about how a bad first impression can turn into love, and one of the world’s most beloved classics. Now this classic can be shared with children of any age.MY TAKE:
I wondered how Pride and Prejudice could be simplified into a children's book. I was pleasantly surprised by how it actually worked.
In Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice, the classic book is made into a children's book comprised solely of a few words and pictures that illustrate those words.
Given the format, the choice of words is important in order to tell the story. The book succeeded in that, I think. I also enjoyed the pictures as it really looked like how you imagine Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth to be.
I think this book would definitely appeal to moms as bedtime reading material to their kids since it has something for them too.
Thanks to NetGalley and Smith Publicity - Simply Read Books for the e-copy.
- It's able to tell the gist of the story.
- The dolls in the picture are very identifiable.
- It has something for both mother and child to enjoy.
- Since there's only one word per page, older kids might not appreciate this as much.
sistersREAD IT IF:
- You have a young daughter.
- You are looking for a book you can read to your toddler, which you'll like too.
- You enjoyed Pride and Prejudice.