SUMMARY FROM NETGALLEY.COM:
Quick fiction for readers on the go!Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Presents Flush Fiction is a tantalizing collection of 88 short-short stories custom-picked for the Bathroom Reader aficionado. We scoured the country for talented fiction writers and asked them to send us their best quick reads. The result: mysteries, horror, sci-fi, adventure, plenty of laughs--and a few gasps--in these startling short stories. They're like little movies for your mind!
I have been an Uncle John's Bathroom Reader fan since college, so I couldn't pass up this chance to review this book.
Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Presents Flush Fiction is a collection of short stories about all sorts of topics and of different genres. It's basically a hodgepodge of stories, so you should be able to find something you like.
I didn't really enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. A lot of the stories were too creepy or absurd for me. I did enjoy a few of the stories, though, especially The Taste of Failure (a comedy) and And Then (a suspense story). I would tell you more about the stories I liked, but if I did, then I'd be spoiling the whole plot, since they're short stories and all. :P
Thanks to NetGalley and Portable Press for the e-ARC. Publication date of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Presents Flush Fiction is on April 1, 2012.
- There's something for everyone.
- The stories are interesting and well-written.
- You never know what kind of story you're gonna get.
- You might not like a lot of the stories if you're not into absurd, sci-fi or creepy stuff.
"It tastes like chicken!"
READ IT IF:
- You like sci-fi, creepy and bizarre/absurd stories.
- You need bathroom reading.
- You like short stories or have a short attention span.