SUMMARY FROM NETGALLEY.COM:
We would all like to expand our knowledge of the world around us, but who has the time to do it? On these pages you will find everything you need to know about, well, everything. By combining original illustrations with jargon-free text, this book ensures that you'll soon be familiar with all of the most important facts of life: from the big bang and the evolution of human beings to the age of the Internet and the growth of social networking--it's all here.
- Everything you've ever wanted to know presented in a way that's easy to grasp
- Straightforward text and illustrations make even the most difficult subjects accessible
- Packed with helpful charts, graphs, and diagrams that make learning fun
- Brush up on all those things you wish you'd remembered from school--without sitting through the lectures
The great thing about reference books is how much you learn after reading.
Everything You Need to Know About Everything You Need to Know About is filled with facts about things like our solar system, humans and science and technology. Most of the topics for each section have a feature called Something to Think About, which has tons of fun facts. For example, did you know that finding objects in a cloud's shape is called nephelococcygia?
I wouldn't say that this is the most interesting reference book I've read, it's still worth a look, especially if you're looking for some quick trivia tidbits.
Thanks to NetGalley and Thunder Bay Press for the e-ARC. Publication date of Everything You Need to Know About Everything You Need to Know About is on April 1, 2012.
- Fascinating trivia tidbits.
- It covers a variety of topics.
- There's plenty to read about.
- Some people might find it boring.
The Jedi religion, based on the beliefs of the Jedi Knights in the Star Wars films, was officially recognized as a religion in the UK in 2001.
READ IT IF:
- You like trivia.
- You like books that teach you something new.
- You're feeling extra studious.