SUMMARY FROM NETGALLEY.COM:
Sasquatch are big, creepy creatures with razor-sharp teeth, long claws, and stinky fur (Ew!). At least, thats what most people think . . . But nobody's actually ever met one -- except Jess Bradley! In this quirky, colorful picture book, Jess describes her first encounter with a Sasquatch and the real beauty inside this Bigfoot beast. (Apparently, he's a big fan of bubble gum!) You'll never judge a beast by its stinky fur again!
For ages 4-7.
* Humorous and creative picture book that will activate kids' imaginations
* Mixed media illustrations make this book unique
* Wide appeal: Answers an age-old question about mythical creatures
I had a feeling I would love this book, and I was right.
In I Know Sasquatch, the narrator aims to get the world to see that the sasquatch isn't as scary as they think it is.
The format of the story is like a journal or scrapbook, wherein there is text accompanied by pictures. The pictures themselves are mostly a typical picture but with a cartoon drawing superimposed on top. I thought this was a brilliant move. It makes the setting and the story feel more real, but the use of cartoon drawings acknowledges that this is a children's book and that a feeling of whimsy should remain.
The sasquatch in this book is a cutie and sweetie pie. Those who prefer the scarier version may not like this, but parents will probably like that this sasquatch is more child-friendly.
Aside from the story of how she met Sasquatch, the book also includes information about him, such as his likes and dislikes, his family tree, as well as his friends. I loved those little extra things, as it emphasized what the narrator was trying to show that Sasquatch isn't scary at all and is a lot like you and me.
Thanks to NetGalley and Picture Window Books for the e-ARC.
- The combination of pictures and drawings are perfect.
- This sasquatch is a sweet creature.
- It's something that would be fun for parents and children to read together.
- Those who like the scarier sasquatch may not be fans of this happier and more pleasant version of the sasquatch.
READ IT IF:
- Your kid likes stories with friendly monsters.
- You like cute children's books.
- You're looking for a nice book to read along with your child.