SUMMARY FROM GOODREADS:
The formidable adventures of Mr. Fox and his family as they try to outrun three farmers determined to catch them.MY TAKE:
I don't advocate stealing things like Mr. Fox does, but that aside, I thought this was a fun book.
In Fantastic Mr. Fox, Mr. Fox and his family are being hunted by three farmers who are sick of Mr. Fox stealing their animals.
For a children's book, I was surprised by how it had me on the edge of my seat during the first part of the book. The action then lulled for a bit, but it got my attention again pretty quickly.
I thought it was funny how Mr. Fox and his family were able to outsmart the farmers. I especially enjoyed the feast at the end, as well as their future plans. It made me think of rainy days spent indoors with family.
- The hero outsmarts the villains.
- Mr. Fox's family shares with the others.
- Most of the food descriptions will make your mouth water.
- It feels like it says that stealing is okay, in some circumstances, so you may want to discuss this would your children after he or she reads it.
READ IT IF:
- Your child loves animals, especially foxes.
- You like books where the heroes outsmart the villains.
- You're looking for a book you can discuss with your children.