SUMMARY FROM NETGALLEY.COM:
Learn how to throw a pampering party that will go down in history. Or plan a game night, a costume party, a themed bash with friends—anything you dream up! Perfect Parties will fuel your creativity and supply you with tips and techniques to make your next party a can't-miss success.
For ages 8-14.
* More than 10 creative party themes perfect for teens!
* Recipes, tips, favors and decorations included for each theme
* Companion website that unlocks additional content for teens to use in planning their party (including budget tools, shopping lists, invite templates, etc.)
About the Author:
Using her past experience as a writer for E! Online, Jen Jones has written more than 40 books about celebrities, crafting, cheerleading, fashion, and just about any other obsession a girl in middle school could have — including her popular Team Cheer! series for Capstone. Jen lives in Los Angeles.
It wasn't until I got older that I got interested in hosting parties, but if your child is interested in throwing a party at home, this book may be the kind of thing she's looking for.
In Planning Perfect Parties The Girls' Guide to Fun, Fresh, Unforgettable Events, young readers are walked through the aspects of planning, hosting and cleaning up a party. The book includes themes you can try, recipes, and checklists.
This book is the ultimate must-have for young girls who want to host parties (not the wild kind) but don't know where to start. The checklists and the tips are invaluable, if a little old school. By that, I mean, there's emphasis on etiquette, how to get people to participate, etc. That's a good thing, as good manners are always important.
The book has a few recipes, some decor tips and tutorials, as well as a link to a dedicated website wherein you can plan your own party. There's even a section on budgeting.
I wasn't too impressed in the beginning. The layout, the designs and the checklist were things I already expected in a book like this. However, I was thoroughly impressed when I reached the section featuring different party ideas. There were party ideas given that were just ideas with a line or two of suggestions, but there were also a number of party ideas that included invitation design suggestions, decor, a food recipe, drink recipe, favor suggestions, and plenty of pretty pictures. This section alone should make you want to get the book.
Thanks to NetGalley and Capstone Young Readers for the e-ARC. Publication date of Planning Perfect Parties The Girls' Guide to Fun, Fresh, Unforgettable Events is on April 1, 2014.
- The party suggestions are complete and creative.
- The recipes and other tutorials are easy to follow.
- There's a website you can visit for additional resources.
- Some parts may be feel a little boring.
Focus on the most important 20 percent of a project and the rest will take care of itself.READ IT IF:
- Your child wants to throw a party but doesn't know where to start.
- Your child is looking for creative party ideas.
- You need party ideas for your child's birthday.