Blow the trumpet, sound the horn, Daddy's princess has been born! The timeless journey of a daughter and father is poignantly captured in the story of a girl's growth from childhood to motherhood. Playful, emotive prose, enriched by the whisper of God's scripture on each beautifully illustrated page, invites girls and dads to see themselves reflected in this keepsake book and to be reminded of the blessings and the bonds between them. Throughout tea parties, soccer games, braces, and boys, a girl is her daddy's princess every step of the way.MY TAKE:
I'm a daddy's girl so I thought this would be a fun read.
In Always Daddy's Princess, we get to see the story of a father's love for his daughter over the years.
The story is told in rhymes and the colorful pictures help tell the story wonderfully. Given that it is told in rhymes, it makes me think that the target audience is quite young, maybe 7 years old and below, so I'm not sure if they'll be completely able to grasp the ideas in the latter half of the story, wherein the girl herself is all grown up and has a child of her own. However, it still makes for a good read, and I think parents, especially fathers, will be able to relate very well to this book. I wouldn't be surprised if some fathers get a little emotional when they read this book to their young daughters.
Thanks to NetGalley and Zonderkidz for the e-ARC.
- The illustrations are very cute and girly.
- It shows the love a father has for his child all throughout her life.
- There are relevant bible verses printed in small font for each set of rhymes.
- Really young kids might not be able to fully appreciate the message of the story.
College takes her far from home.
Then, travel: London, Paris, Rome...
READ IT IF:
- You're a daddy's girl.
- You're looking for a book your husband can read to your daughter.
- You're looking for a sweet book about father-daughter relationships.