Paper is not just for drawing! Budding artists use paper to create everything from lanterns to picture frames. Simple, step-by-step instructions and big, full color photographs help readers maximize their potential.
For ages 9-13.
* Easy step-by-step instructions make paper crafts accessible to anyone.
* Surprising uses for everyday paper products, such as wrapping paper or cupcake liners.
* Broad range of paper craft projects appeal to every style.
I'm a frustrated artist so I was eager to get my hands on this book.
In Paper Artist, you learn how to make things out of paper and craft materials.
At first, I thought that majority of the book would be paper decorations or things that are pretty to look at and easy to make but aren't really functional. Wouldn't you know it, a lot of the stuff here are really useful.
There are some projects in the book that are decorations, such as dot art and creature calendar. However, the first chapter of the book has projects that I haven't really thought about making with paper. For example, there's the belt and a paper scarf. I really appreciated the inclusion of projects that weren't just there to look pretty and be forgotten after an hour.
The book has plenty of pictures and the layout used is visually pleasing and perfect for a craft book. The tools needed to accomplish the projects can be found at the start of the book so you can collect them beforehand. If you're a beginner crafter, you might need to buy some additional materials.
My biggest criticism of the book is the fact that there aren't pictures included for the steps so it's possible that some kids or adults may make mistakes or get a finished project that doesn't look much like the picture in the book.
Thanks to NetGalley and Capstone Young Readers for the e-ARC.
- The projects just aren't decorations.
- The layout is aesthetically pleasing.
- The instructions try to be as precise as possible.
- There are no step-by-step pictures for the instructions.
Photo copy sheet music onto colored paper for an extra colorful touch.READ IT IF:
- Your child likes making paper decorations.
- Your child likes art projects.
- You like creating things out of paper.