● A rhyming story about changing the world by doing little things
● An ordinary kid becomes a superhero, along with his friends, by learning what’s important in life
● Educational and inspirational read-aloud fun for Pre K –2nd
Written in simple, engaging rhyme, this story takes an inspirational look into how the little things in life – a smile, a kind word, a simple deed – can help change the world in a big way. Through 18 stunning illustrations, children will read about eating right, cleaning up the Earth by recycling and conserving, helping the sick and those less fortunate, and working in a group to make bigger miracles. Even an ordinary kid can be a superhero before bedtime! For pre-k to 2nd.
About the Authors
Once upon a time, coincidence, fate, and magic conspired to introduce three big dreamers – Mark, Karen, and Josh. And new friends became forever friends who, separately and together, use their creative talents to change the world a little bit at a time.
The first thing I thought of when I read the title of this book was the the tagline for the Powerpuff Girls. However, instead of a trio of supergirls saving the world, this book encourages ordinary children to make a difference.
Change the World Before Bedtime makes use of rhymes to list good deeds that kids can do throughout the day. The good deeds aren't limited to doing good deeds for other people. There are also some suggestions for Earth-friendly activities, like recycling or riding a bicycle. Saying nice things are also mentioned in the book.
I like the illustrations a lot. The coloring makes it look textured and almost 3D.
Parents will enjoy this book, I think, as it's a very inspirational book for young children.
Thanks to NetGalley and Schiffer Publishing Ltd. for the e-ARC.
- The illustrations are very pretty and has a scrapbook feel.
- It promotes good values.
- The good deeds are very doable.
- The illustrations, minus the coloring, are a little bit simple.
Or perhaps, as a group, we'll sell cold lemonade,
along with fresh cookies and crafts that we've made,
READ IT IF:
- You have a young child.
- You want to inspire your child to do good things.
- You like children's books that have illustrations that have beautiful textures.