It's Mother's Day - a time for visits and gifts. A charming family of mice are planning to see their mothers. Hazel and her mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and great-great-grandmother all go to see their mothers on this special day. But where did Great-great-great-grandmother go?MY TAKE:
I'm a big fan of children's books that are well-illustrated. Mother's Mother's Day definitely fits the bill. The cute illustrations could belong in a card. They definitely drive the story and give it a classic feel.
The book is about how Hazel and her family spends Mother's Day. This book made me laugh. I wasn't sure where this book was going at first. I was thinking perhaps it would go the melodramatic route, but I was pleased to see that the author went in a different direction.
Thanks to NetGalley and Star Bright Books for the e-copy.
- The illustrations are beautiful.
- The story is funny and cute.
- The ending was a little bit unexpected, in a good way.
- It's a little bit unlikely for mice to have such long lifespans. :P
Because it was such a very. very special day, she was taking her some kernels of popcorn.READ IT IF:
- You like fun children's books.
- You are looking for a Mother's Day read for your child.
- You like mice.