Sam and Ben may be twins, but they are not like two peas in a pod! A book that highlights twins' similarities and differences, and celebrates multicultural families and sibling love.MY TAKE:
I haven't read a lot of baby books about twins and I thought this one would be interesting.
In We Are Twins!, we are introduced to Sam and Ben. Sam and Ben are twins who are different and alike in so many ways.
I enjoyed this book a little more than I thought I would. Sam and Ben are fraternal twins but they're equally cute. Even though people tend to assume that twins are more alike than different, the book shows that these twins are their own person.
The illustrations and coloring remind me of some birthday greeting cards I've seen, ones that are simple yet colorful and look like they were rendered using watercolor pencils.
Thanks to NetGalley and Pinwheel Books for the e-ARC. Publication date of We Are Twins! is on May 31, 2013.
- The illustrations are cute.
- Sam and Ben feel relatable.
- It's a good book to read to your twins.
- The text may be too complicated or long for younger children to read on their own.
We are twins, which means we were once squished together inside our mama's belly.READ IT IF:
- You have twins.
- You are looking for a gift for someone who has twins.
- You are looking for a book about twin babies.