Give a kid a classic! Cozy Classics is the popular board book series that presents well-loved stories to children aged 0+ through twelve child-friendly words and twelve needle-felted illustrations. Les Misérables is Victor Hugo’s sweeping French saga about one man’s search for redemption in a world of hardship and misery, and is one of the world’s most beloved classics. Now you can share this classic with children of any age.MY TAKE:
I liked this book as much as I did the other books in the series.
In Cozy Classics: Les Miserables, we get to read the gist of Les Miserables.
As with the other books, I liked the book's ability to condense a great story into a handful of words and match them with needle-felt illustrations, which must have taken a long time to create.
I did realize, though, that if you're not completely familiar with the book and the characters, you might get confused about which characters the dolls in the illustrations are meant to represent. The best you can do is follow the doll/characters in the book but you won't really know their names. Given that the target audience are children, I guess this is okay, since I don't think babies and toddlers would be too particular about things like that.
Thanks to NetGalley and Simply Read Books for the e-ARC. Publication date of Cozy Classics: Les Miserables is on May 30, 2013.
- Your child will be able to learn new words.
- You and your child will be able to appreciate a classic at the same time.
- It's something fun to read to your child.
- You won't know which character the doll represents if you're not familiar with the story.
richREAD IT IF:
- You like Les Miserables.
- You want to introduce your child to the classics.
- You want to enhance your child's vocabulary.