Little Dino must learn that even though he has nice, sharp teeth, he can’t bite anything — or anyone — he wants to.MY TAKE:
For the youngest learners, fun, cheerful read-alouds that help guide a child’s first steps in learning and growing. With bright, bold art and humorous stories, the Little Dino books focus on troublesome behavior in a fun but constructive way.
From the Little Dinos/Hello Genius series. For ages 2-4.
* Bright, bold art featuring the ever-popular dinosaur
* Pushing, biting, yelling and hitting are common behaviors during a child's first 3 years - these books help address the issues in a light-hearted way
* 12 other titles in the popular Hello Genius series featuring manners, times of day, and self-care
About the Author:
Michael Dahl is the author of more than 200 books for children and young adults. He has won the AEP Distinguished Achievement Award three times for his nonfiction. His Finnegan Zwake mystery series was shortlisted twice by the Anthony and Agatha Awards. He has also written the Library of Doom series and the Dragonblood books. He is a featured speaker at conferences around the country on graphic novels and high-interest books for boys.
About the Illustrator:
Born and bred in the red deserts of Utah, Adam Record started doodling on a padded bench in church. Eventually, someone bought one of his drawings, which made him want to draw more. So he continued to draw and paint and doodle and now he works as a professional illustrator. Adam is inspired by old children's books and vintage posters, and he likes the smell of cement after it rains.
What's not to like about dinosaurs?
In Little Dinos Don't Bite, a little dinosaur is reminded by his mother not to bite things and people.
Throughout this book, the little dinosaur bites things such as his shoes, toys and even his mother. The main point of this book is to teach kids not to bite things, especially people.
The illustrations were cute and the coloring was nice, but I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. It didn't really make me laugh until the last part when the mother reminded her child not to bite her. I think this would still work as a way to teach kids not to bite, though, since the dinosaur is cute enough and kids who like dinosaurs will most likely try to emulate this dinosaur.
Thanks to NetGalley and Picture Window Books for the e-ARC. Publication date of Little Dinos Don't Bite is on February 1, 2013.
- It teaches kids not to bite.
- The drawings are colorful.
- It will get the attention of kids who like dinosaurs.
- There really isn't much of a plot.
But don't EVER bite your mom!
Even if she is really sweet.
READ IT IF:
- Your child likes dinosaurs.
- Your child is going through a biting phase.
- You want to keep your child from biting people.