SUMMARY FROM NETGALLEY.COM:
Small moments between a Grandpa and child are chronicled in this picture book using beautiful illustrations and minimal text. From taking a nap to reading the newspaper, these small moments are the ones that create big memories and show the importance of family.MY TAKE:
My son has a very close relationship with my dad, so I figured this would be a nice picture book to read to him.
In Time Together: Me and Grandpa, the focus is on the different activities that grandfathers and their grandchildren can do together.
I liked that the book features different sets of grandparents and grandchildren, so whether the child reading is a boy or a girl, he or she will be able to relate. I also liked that rather than just naming the activities, descriptive phrases were used instead. For example, instead of saying stargazing, the text says "make a wish time." This is a good idea since it's easier to imagine the scenario in more detail.
The illustrations are also nice. It looked like the drawings were colored using watercolors, which adds whimsy to the scene.
Thanks to NetGalley and Picture Window Books for the e-ARC.
- The descriptive phrases make it easier for kids to relate to the drawings and imagine the scenes.
- The illustrations are pretty.
- It's a fun book for kids to read with their grandparents.
- The illustration style may not be for everyone.
READ IT IF:
- Your child has a good relationship with his or her grandparents.
- You're looking for a book your child can read with his or her grandfather.
- You like books that are about family.