Strange things happen when you change one word into another, one letter at a time. A toy becomes a boy, a cat becomes a dog, and together they discover a funny, mixed- up world! Explore language and spelling on this wacky word game adventure.MY TAKE:
If you 're a fan of word ladders/chains, you'll probably like this book.
In Boy Meets Dog, one object becomes another, one word at a time.
There's really no narrative to this story, other than, I guess, the first sentence and the final one. For the most part, the illustrations show one word turning into another one, while the text shows the corresponding word ladder.
I remember doing word ladders like this one when I was younger. I never really got hooked on them, though. However, I did think that this book was kind of fun, and kids who haven't tried doing a word ladder before would probably be eager to try one on their own after reading this book.
The last part of the book talks a little bit about the history of word ladders, tips on how to choose words, and examples you can try.
Thanks to NetGalley and Kids Can Press for the e-ARC.
- Kids learn about word ladders.
- There are plenty of examples of word ladders.
- It's a fun book for kids to read with their parents.
- The illustration style may not appeal to everyone.
A cat could become a dog.READ IT IF:
- Your child likes word games.
- Your child likes a challenge.
- You are looking for an educational book for your child.