This alphabet book celebrates the sights and sounds of Ontario's vibrant capital. Joining Per-Henrik G?rth's friendly animal characters as they explore Toronto from the Art Gallery of Ontario to the Zoo is as much fun as a ride on one of the city's famous streetcars!MY TAKE:
I've never been to Toronto but I've always wanted to go there.
In ABC of Toronto, kids and adults can learn about different places and things associated with Toronto.
I was under the impression that most, if not all, of the letters would stand for specific places around Toronto. Obviously, this would be difficult so I can understand why some of the letters stand for more generic things like gardens or beaches. I would really have preferred it if there were more specific places, though, since then it would be sort of a guidebook. Although, for some letters, the letters stand for generic things but the descriptions mention specific places.
Given that, this book is still a nice guide to Toronto, especially for kids who have never been there.
Thanks to NetGalley and Kids Can Press for the e-copy.
- Kids can learn about the different places in Toronto.
- The book is very colorful.
- Kids can use it as a guide of places to go to if ever they're in Toronto.
- The illustration style may not work for everyone.
Hh is for Hockey Hall of Fame,
a fan's favourite destination.
READ IT IF:
- Your kid likes travelling.
- You like books about different places.
- Your family will be going to Toronto any time soon.