SUMMARY FROM NETGALLEY.COM:
April showers bring May flowers! Lyrical, rhyming text takes young readers on a journey with furry and feathery friends to experience springtime rain.
For ages 2-4. From the Springtime Weather Wonders series.
* Award-winning poet and children's author Charles Ghigna
* Great for spring promotions
* Perfect way to introduce preschoolers to weather concepts
I love the rain, but even if I didn't, I would still have loved this book.
In Raindrops Fall All Around, readers get to see different scenes that take place during and after a rainstorm.
I thought this book was cute and sweet. It's the perfect book for toddlers who love animals and the rain. I also liked that it included scenes from after the rain is gone, since it ends the book on a bright note.
The phrasing of the rhymes were wonderful as, in combination with the illustrations, they were able to evoke the feeling of watching the rain and being in that scene along with the animals. The illustrations were lovely and I liked the illustration style and colors used. The font was a good choice as well.
Thanks to NetGalley and Picture Window Books for the e-ARC.
- It really makes you feel like you are there with the animals.
- It's fun to read aloud.
- The illustrations are wonderful.
- I would have liked to see even more scenes, if that were possible.
READ IT IF:
- Your child loves the rain.
- Your child likes animals.
- You are looking for a book to read aloud to your child.