From the opening kick off to the final whistle, Goodnight Football will bring the excitement of a football game to the youngest fan. The rhyming text, vibrant illustrations, and gentle ending will capture the love of the game through a child's eyes. A celebration of America's favorite game, friendship, and family. Produced in partnership with Sports Illustrated Kids. This book is sure to be a touchdown for every football fan!MY TAKE:
Football isn't big here in the Philippines, so most of what I know of football, I get from watching movies like The Replacements and occasionally watching football games on sports channels.
Goodnight Football gives you a glimpse of a typical game night in a football stadium.
The main team in the book is called the Grizzlies. I don't know if they're a real team or based on a real team, but I liked the fact that the dominant color throughout the book is orange, which is the team's color. It's what you usually see during sports games wherein fans wear their team's colors. It really makes you feel like you're part of the action.
The "goodnight, football" part comes at the end of the game when the child starts saying goodnight to the fans, the mascot, etc. I thought that was sort of cute, even though not a lot of kids might do that.
Thanks to NetGalley and Capstone Young Readers for the e-ARC. Publication date of Goodnight Football is on August 1, 2014.
- The illustrations make you feel like you're part of the action.
- It's perfect for football fans.
- Sporty kids will be able to relate to the main character's love of the sport.
- You might need to have at least a little football knowledge to really appreciate this book.
The fans are excited.
It's time for some fun!
Then a whistle - the kick-off!
The game has begun!
READ IT IF:
- Your child likes football.
- Your child is very much into watching sports.
- You want your child to be inspired to get into sports.