SUMMARY FROM NETGALLEY.COM:
Take flight with this picture book that follows a plane’s journey from liftoff to landing
This colorful, clean, deceptively simple picture book will take you on an imaginative journey as it introduces young readers to the marvel of flying. Experience the various stages of a modern flight as the plane takes off, rises over delightfully small houses, soars through a starry night, and blends in with a flock of birds before landing.
This book is a good book to read to your younger children before they ride on an airplane.
In Hello, Airplane!, readers follow an airplane's journey, from takeoff until it lands again at its destination.
While I'm not a huge fan of the way this book was colored (mixed media and everything felt a little fuzzy to me), I did like the perspectives used and the imagery that the words used evoked. For example, the line "the airplane says hello to the stars," while not technically accurate in the sense that the plane doesn't actually go into space, when mixed with the illustrations of stars seen through the cockpit, makes for one beautiful sight. One lovely use of perspective that stands out for me is the one wherein readers appear to be looking up at the sky and the plane can be seen through an opening in the treetops.
Thanks to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Jabberwocky for the e-ARC.
- The varying perspectives used makes the illustrations more interesting.
- You really get the feeling that you're following an airplane's journey.
- This book would be fun to read to young children.
- The illustration style may not work for everyone.
The airplane flies into the morning.READ IT IF:
- Your child is going on his/her first airplane ride.
- Your child is curious about airplanes.
- You're looking for books you can read to your child.