SUMMARY FROM LAMPARA BOOKS:
Mommy Doris is well known in town because she does manicures and pedicures. She is also popular of her big bayong filled with items she sells on installment basis. But she can also do better. As a mother, Mommy Doris has a quality that makes her capable of providing anything her children need. Read in this story why Mommy Doris is really awesome.
In celebration of the many great Filipino books out there, I have decided to dedicate my Friday posts to books written by Filipino authors. For our very first Pinoy Fridays, the Filipino book in focus is a Tagalog/English book entitled "Superwoman si Inay! (Mommy is Superwoman!)".
Superwoman si Inay! is told from the point-of-view of a young boy whose mother seems to be able to do some very amazing things like produce things that they need, seemingly out of thin air.
The illustrations are very whimsical and perfect for the story. They wouldn't be out of place in an art gallery either. :P
What I love about this book is how it managed to accurately portray the innocence of children. Things that seem ordinary or easy-to-explain to adults appear wondrous to kids. I can't say any more about the plot without giving the story away, but this would make great bedtime reading for kids of any age.
- The story is written in Tagalog and has an English translation, so you can choose which one you would like to read. Kids who are just starting to learn English can benefit from this too.
- It's a nice tribute to supermoms who do everything in and out of the house.
- Nothing. :P
Lagi akong kasa-kasama ni Inay tuwing hapon. Naglalakad siya sa buong baryo habang kipkip niya ako sa isang braso. Isang malaking bayong naman ang bitbit niya sa isang kamay.Mommy always takes me along with her every afternoon. She walks all around town while carrying me under one arm. And in one hand she carries a big bayong.
READ IT IF:
- You are a "supermom" or know one who is.
- You want to buy a book that you can read over and over again to your child.
- You love children's books.